August 3, 1923 - “Through the influence of Mr. Allen H. Stewart of 30 N. Michigan Ave., Mrs. T. C. Butz of Highland Park, has presented a fine thoroughbred English bull dog to the Scottish Home. The dog is from the Strathway Kennels owned by Mr. Stewart in Highland Park, Illinois.
November 17, 1923 - Mrs. Isabella Hope, a resident of the Scottish Old People’s Home for twenty years, celebrated her 84th birthday. Mrs. Hope was admitted to the Home on Bryant Ave. in July 1905, and came with 14 others to the new home in Riverside in November 1910. She is the only one of that number now living.
March 30, 1925 - A Zenith radio was given to the Home by Charles E. Bradley of the Asmus Bradley Company at 208 W. Monroe Street, Chicago, IL. Installation amounted to $60.00 and the radio is “fully equipped with a loud speaker and the old people spend many pleasant hours listening in.”
October 1979 - The Scottish Home owned a 1962 checker cab used to transport residents. It was replaced by a 12-passenger bus purchased from Ray Madden Ford in Downers Grove, Illinois. The cost was $9,000.00 and the money came from the Edmund McGibbon Recreational Fund. Mr. McGibbon was president of the Society in 1960.
November 20, 1984 - The new addition to the Scottish Home named “The Shetlands” was dedication at the Fall meeting of the Society. President R. Bruce Graham presided, Rev. Wayland McGlathery gave the invocation. Lois McCullagh, chairperson of the fund-raising committee, gave a short review of the new building. Peter Georgeson read the poem “The Shetlands” written by John Sinclair who was a relative of Mr. Georgeson’s grandfather. The poem was framed and now hangs in the Shetlands addition.