Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Mr. Wrigley Makes a Donation To The Society

                                                                                                   January 20, 1920

My dear Mr. Forgan:

"Having yours of January 28 and enclose herewith my check for $500.00 drawn to the order of Mr. Alexander Robertson.  As you no doubt know, I am very fond of the Scotch, Scotch Songs and the Scotch Old Peoples Home.  I would rather make this donation than the previous one mentioned by you to me."

Sincerely yours,

Wm. Wrigley Jr., President                                                                                         
Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company
5 N. Wabash Avenue


(The use of the word "Scotch" in referring to people was very common in the 1920s.  This is an exact quote from Mr. Wrigley's letter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment